Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands ?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit an Category Executive.
DCS is a Top 250 private company in the UK – if you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
Main Job purpose:
Becoming an indispensable category partner to DCS sales team, customers and brand partners. Maximise category management opportunities with customers. Analyse market sales data to advise customers with the correct ranging. Aid customer category implementations with planogram solutions, range reviews and other category aids. Proactively give direction on range, market performance and supplier category strategy to the Sales Team. Key business user of DCS Vision.
- Maintaining and building relationships with existing and new customers and suppliers.
- Identifying new category and business opportunities for DCS, suppliers and customers.
- Obtaining and analysing market sales data to produce insights and recommendations, sales aids and literature to showcase DCS’ expertise.
- Ownership of retailer specific category plans and projects – range reviews, category analysis etc. through to implementation
- Build bespoke planograms to maximise retailer and DCS sales opportunities.
- Maintenance of planogram software, product catalogue and associated image library
- Support category manager in the defining and implementing the category strategy in key retailers.
- Liaising with our brand partners to implement their category strategy in our customers and channels in a relevant manner.
- Generate PR for DCS via trade publications to deliver corporate publicity
- Manage content of DCS web sites Visually Brilliant, Poundzone and Catman
- Maintain SOPs relating to role
- Key business user of DCS Vision - support new and existing users.
Qualification / Role requirements:
- Computer literacy to an intermediate level (Excel and PowerPoint essential)
- Basic experience in turning data into insights from IRI/Nielsen/ Kantar data
- Experience using a merchandising software knowledge would be ideal but not Essential.
- Passionate and Proactive attitude
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Degree educated or relevant experience
Full driving licence
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR Manager at email@example.com - or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form