Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands ?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit an Inventory Planner.
DCS is a Top 250 private company in the UK – if you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
Main Job Purpose:
Buying in stock from suppliers to maintain stock level and ensure we cover customer orders. Balancing stock v sales level so we do not over stock ourselves. Liaising with suppliers to meet customer demands and forecasting. Ensuring stock is received on time and reporting any discrepancies back to supplier to investigate. Speaking with goods-in over deliveries and any issues relating to them.
- Ordering stocks from suppliers, using average weekly sales and taking into account any additional stock required.
- Liaising with customer services, goods-in and transport to ensure stock comes in and goes out on time to achieve 98.5% Customer Service Level.
- Keying, sending, chasing and booking in of orders.
- Maintaining professional working relationships with suppliers and customers and making sure we meet the customer’s needs.
- Sending forecasts to suppliers so they can plan stocks accordingly.
- Ensuring inventory is kept within target levels and not held within the business in excess of 180 days.
- High level of numerical ability and accuracy.
- Customer service skills
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Self – Motivated and flexible and open to changes
- Ability to build relationships and liaise effectively internally and externally.
- Forecasting skills
- Experience of a buying/stock control
- Experience of busy warehouse environments.
- Time management and prioritising.
- Able to raise/complete quality incidence reports
- Working to deadlines & managing customer expectations.
- Good level of sage, locator & CH reports
- High level of communication, numeracy and literary skills
- Knowledge of word & excel & outlook
- Negotiation Skills
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org - or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form