Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
DCS Group was founded by Denys C. Shortt OBE and is the UK’s largest sales and marketing company for leading health, beauty and household brands. These include Procter and Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, Colgate, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson, Kimberly-Clark and Sacla Food.
We are a regular Times Top Track 250 company and immensely proud of our track record of having grown sales for the past 23 consecutive years. DCS remains a privately owned entrepreneurial business with a focus on innovation, passion and culture.
We are currently looking to recruit a Junior Commercial Manager. If you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
Main Job purpose:
Responsibility for all key aspects of managing a category or categories within the Unilever Commercial Team. This includes achievement of all sales, purchasing and profitability targets. Supporting the sales team with brand cascades, promotion plans and range suggestions. Analysing data to understand customer performance and identify key areas to develop for growth. Supporting supply chain to plan in customer demand and manage stock holding levels. Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels, prioritise and make commercial decisions.
- Deliver agreed annual purchasing targets and provide regular updates of performance versus targets and previous year.
- Negotiate with supplier to deliver the most competitive pricing and profit levels.
- Manage spend for all associated costs including customer terms, promotional spend and any additional costs such as repack. Ensure spend is used to drive maximum profitable and sustainable sales.
- Attend supplier brand deployment meetings and cascade details to DCS sales teams.
- Support Category Management team to provide customers with a tailored range of products and promotions to suit their individual needs.
- Understand strategy of key customers and support account managers at customer meetings.
- Work with key members of sales team to construct commercial promotion plans following supplier guidelines and media plans.
- Achieve all deadlines in relation to customer promotion proposals and pricing set up, promo brochures and sales aids
- Support supply chain manager to maintain stable stock holding levels, clear aged stock, conduct regular range reviews and minimize customer shortages.
- Maintain category range by setting up and launching new products and delisting slow moving or discontinued lines.
- Submit and agree volume forecasts for customer promotions with supplier supply chain team.
- Identify white space opportunities and develop with a strategic and joint business plan approach in line with profit guidelines.
- Conduct store visits to understand market and develop awareness of competitor activity, both suppliers and customers.
- Represent DCS at meetings, events, seminars etc. and build relationships with a variety of networks including Customers & Suppliers.
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels
- Good commercial awareness and background desirable
- High level of numerical ability, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and make effective commercial decisions
- Self-motivated and flexible to change
- Ability to build relationships and liaise effectively with a variety of networks
- Forecasting and analytical skills
- Awareness of quality procedures and the need for quality focus
- Be a strong team player
- Effective presentation skills
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org - or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form