Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands ?
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit a Production Operative.
DCS is a Top 250 private company in the UK – if you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
Location: Stratford upon Avon
Main Job purpose:
To produce a finished product that meets the required quality standards at the required rate.
- Working on the production filling lines, a continuous supply of component is maintained to the filling machine.
- These include bottles, jars and tubes ensuring caps are correctly orientated when required.
- Faults are identified (e.g. poor moulding, laminate, contamination) prior to use on the line and the Senior Line Operative is informed.
- Bottle wastage is minimised by taking care not to drop or damage any of the containers.
- Components to be monitored to reduce the risk of running out.
- Spillages are minimised by carefully observing the machinery and the orientation of the containers.
- All duties are completed as required by the Senior Line Operative.
General Line Responsibilities:
- All production & Health & Safety procedures are adopted and adhered to.
- All quality standards are fully understood and adhered to.
- New employees and agency staff are assisted when part of the team.
- Lines and surrounding areas are cleaned when not actively working on production.
- Assistance is given to fellow team members to ensure that the line runs efficiently.
- A good team spirit is created with work colleagues.
- All instructions from the Senior Line Operative are followed to ensure work is carried out safely and accurately.
- Commitment and loyalty is demonstrated through responsible actions.
- A willingness and ability to train others is demonstrated at all times.
- Problems are resolved through negotiation with colleagues & the Senior Line Operative.
- High levels of work are maintained under time pressure.
- All roles are rotated frequently.
- Ideas and suggestions are put forward to improve current work practices.
- Other ideas are listened to and put into practice.
Health and Safety:
- To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and promoted to team members.
- To ensure team is rotated and positions shared as required.
- To ensure risks are communicated to the Senior Line Operative / Production supervisor/Production Manager.
- To ensure line is clean and tidy and clear of rubbish at all times during production.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR Manager at email@example.com - or telephone 01789 208000 to request an application form